Your Ad Here

Two bits of good news and one bad

First the good news.

Folks!!! Its finally released! The DVD of TZP is out in the market!

I wanted to be totally sure before I spoke about it on my blog because there were too many false alarms in between. So today we went to Darsheel’s school and Darsheel’s principal Mrs Bajaj was kind enough to do the honors.

The other bit of good news is that Disney has decided to release the DVD in the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand and Canada. I was very happy to know that they liked the film enough to want to distribute TZP in home entertainment for these 5 countries.

Now for the bad news…… and I know I am going to be slaughtered for this one. Disney has a lead time of at least 3 months. They want to do a mainstream release in these 5 markets. So while the DVD has released in India and outside India as well, in these 5 countries it will be a few more months before it comes out.

Now, before those of you living in these 5 countries kill me, please understand that I have no control over this. The only other option would be to not go ahead with Disney’s offer. But I felt that I would like the mainstream audiences in these places to also have the option of seeing this film. If I’m not mistaken this is probably a first for any Indian film except for Lagaan which was released by Columbia Tristar, but that was more because Sony TV India had originally bought the film. Sawaria which was also Sony I am assuming also got a mainstream release, but that was also produced by Sony. So I think this the first time that an Indian film has been picked up by a major distributor independently for a mainstream release.

More importantly, how many films are made on child care? So I want as many people as possible (no matter which part of the world they live in, including people who are not normally exposed to Indian Cinema) to get the chance to see this particular film.

My sincere apologies to those of you living in these 5 countries, and who have been waiting patiently for the DVD to come out.

I am dying to tell you what all in this DVD pack, but first y’all digest this info. Have worked really hard on this DVD and I sincerely hope y’all find it worth the wait.

Warmth.

1 comments:

Unknown October 08, 2008  

Hi Aamir,

Wish you are doing great. I dont know how to start with my kind of expression. I mean, is this actually so easy to interact with you or i am in a dream yet.

Please give me an alarming reply saying that ....."Yes I have found that"

I know you might have million of fans & amongst all of them i am no where & also I am not that fan of yours who have topped the crazy list, trust me.
It was just in my mind to have an interaction with such a celebrity whom i always admired. since i also want to be associated with the art field no matter how. I mean to say on a larger scale or a smaller scale but for sure i want to something in this field only.
I also want to have an interaction with People like A.R. Rahman jee & Lata jee & Sonu Nigam jee. Just to know God has blessed you all.
All what I have just wrote is something i really don't know....i mean what to write or what not to write. it is just coming to mind & i m typing. Please consider this as a very first thought as this is straight from the heart.

I wanted to ask a question probably a personal one but if you could that will be highly appreciated.
Are you planning to make a new movie with a different story line or you are on a rest to regain energy ?

Thanks in advance for answering the question.

Rest I will have to make my posture upside down to make good flow of thoughts to jot down on this blog. hope to see a one liner atleast from your side.

Have a fantastic time ahead.

  © All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP